History

Tony Gaetani Sr. was born in San Francisco to Italian immigrants. Upon returning to his hometown after serving in the Navy overseas in WWII, he founded the T.E. Gaetani Investment Co. in 1946. Initially run out of the family’s apartment on 7th Avenue, the firm gained a reputation for its real estate savvy, and the client list quickly grew. In 1958, Tony purchased 4444 Geary Boulevard in the Richmond District, where the business remains headquartered to this day.
Sons Charlie and Tony Jr. joined the company in the 1970s, when it was renamed Gaetani Realty and Construction. They added property management and real estate development to complement the brokerage services for which the firm had become known, and Gaetani became one of the region’s premier property management companies.

In 1988, Tony Jr. left to pursue his dream of building an independent construction company. Charlie changed the name to Gaetani Realty and shifted the focus to the work he enjoyed most: commercial and residential multi-unit property management.

Thirty years later, Charlie’s sons, Paul and Marcus, became the third generation of the firm, continuing the family tradition of dedication, commitment and service. This new generation, now operating under the name Gaetani Real Estate Inc., is incorporating the latest information technology and property management best practices into the business for increased efficiencies, faster responsiveness, and improved outcomes for owners and tenants alike. As it has been for nearly three-quarters of a century, our focus is on providing superior service and unmatched dependability for multi-unit property owners.