HISTORY

Gaetani Real Estate is one of the oldest family-owned property management and real estate brokerage firms operating in Northern California.

Tony Gaetani, Sr. founded the T.E. Gaetani Investment Co. in San Francisco in 1946, upon his return from overseas service in WWII. Initially run out of the family’s apartment on 7th Avenue, the firm gained a reputation for it’s real estate savvy and the client list quickly grew. This necessitated a move into proper offices on Jones Street in downtown San Francisco, where the company leased space until the purchase by the firm in 1958 of 4444 Geary Boulevard in the Richmond District, where the business remains headquartered to this day.

The 1970s brought sons Charlie and Tony Jr. into the company. Renamed Gaetani Realty and Construction, they added property management and real estate development to complement the brokerage services the firm had become known for, and the company continued on it’s trajectory to become one of the region’s premier property management companies.

In 1988 Tony Jr. left the firm to pursue his dream of building an independent construction company. Charlie restructured the firm, changing the name to Gaetani Realty, and shifted the focus to the work he enjoyed most – commercial and residential property management.

Thirty years later, Charlie’s sons Marcus and Paul joined the firm, continuing the family tradition of dedication and professionalism forged by the company over the last half century. This new generation, now operating under the name Gaetani Real Estate, Inc., is working to incorporate the latest information technology and property management best practices into the business for increased efficiencies, faster responsiveness, and improved outcomes for owners and tenants alike.